Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mini Bed Doll

When I designed the Mini Free Spirit doll, I really hoped that she could easily wear the outfits that have been designed for the Fibre Craft 'Cindy' doll. I have a few of these patterns, some which are still in print, like the one above.




Here, Sarah is wearing a lovely 'bed doll' style dress crocheted from size 10 crochet cotton. The only alterations I needed to make to this pattern were: a size 5 steel hook (instead of 7) for the bodice and bonnet, and I added two additional rows to the bonnet.







Showing off her ruffled petticoat :-) The petticoat was crocheted with size 3 crochet cotton, instead of the recommended acrylic sportweight. I also took a little fullness out of it; a personal taste decision, plus I didn't want to spend more than a day crocheting it.






Next I plan to make a full size Free Spirit and try a couple of bed doll patterns, like Joyce did! I have an American Indian doll in mind for starters.


Enjoy the crochet!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Beth I would post the pics ,but I've forgotton how to do it...Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi me again can't wait to see yor full size doll ,I've got the Dance With Me Doll made just have to dress her now...Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you have made a lovely job. She really is beautiful! Well done!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue and Unique, thank-you so much for your kind words :-) They brighten my day (and without sunshine that really helps!)

    Diane, I think I sent you an invitation to add some of your pictures to the photostream. You should be able to just click on a button that says 'accept' (or something like this) and the pics will be automatically added. Or, you can go to the photostream:

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/freespiritamidolls/

    and click on where it says 'Add Photos?' and it will let you drag and drop the photos you want to add to the group. They are wonderful dolls!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AMAZING! All your projects are so cool! :D
    ~Crocheter4Jesus

    ReplyDelete