Monday, March 14, 2011

Thank-you, Shelly!

This doll is from the delightful imagination of Shelly, at Gingermelondolls.  I was one of seven lucky winners of this pattern in a drawing Shelly had on her blog.  Better than winning a lottery!  

The pattern is very well written, easy to follow, simple to make, and the result is a most endearing little Pixie.  The doll is made of wool felt, as are her dress and shoes.  I added a little felt bag and a crochet sweater.  This doll will be a delight to crochet for.  I envision many outfits of felt and crochet.  And many more dolls :-)

Thank you so much, Shelly, for your wonderful creative vision.

Seven inches of Pixie charm!

13 comments:

  1. My dear how many beautiful crocheted dolls there where here :D
    You are really good with the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful doll. The pattern was a great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! What a great win.
    They will make great friends for the little crochet dolls.

    xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's just adorable! So sweet and pretty pixie.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This doll is so cute! And it doesn´t seem to be too difficult.I like your shoes and embroidered flowers on the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank all of you for your kind comments. I love to do handwork, and work with wool felt, and make dolls, so it all came together perfectly :-) A very simple pattern with charming results; what could be better?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat to pop over here and find such a darling little doll....congratulations on your win! I love all the added details you brought to it, especially the cozy sweater and sweet purse. Many thanks to you for all the kind words sent my way, natalie jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dolls are wonderful! Thank you for your inspiring works. I'm glad to be your blog follower :)

    My best wishes,
    Victoria

    P.S. Sorry for my English.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you, Natalie Jo :-)

    Victoria, I'm glad you like it here; and your English is fine :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your dolls are beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree! Better then winning the lottery!!! Gosh this is inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Mieta and Helen :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete